We’re always looking for outgoing people to lead private walking tours for our current and upcoming locations. If you’re a people person, have a passion for photography, and love exploring your home city, this is your opportunity to ditch the desk job and show guests how amazing the city is.
At Boutique Traveler we pride ourselves on providing the absolute best quality experiences for our guests. In order to maintain this ultra-high service standard, we only employ the best of the best people.
Our guide-ographers are provided with a comprehensive training program and regular support with the opportunity to work in a flexible, fun environment. We pay well above industry standard and our guide-ographers are consistently rewarded for their exemplary performance with generous gratuities from guests.
What we’re looking for
- Your smile can light up a room
- An easy-going demeanor (you take everything in your stride)
- Your enthusiasm is infectious and people are drawn to you
- Always punctual and reliable
- You don’t just learn the notes, you’re always looking for ways to improve each tour experience
- You have a broad general knowledge and interest in current affairs around the world
- Additional languages are a bonus
Previous guiding experience is not a requirement as training will be provided. Other experience that will be highly regarded:
- Acting, entertainment, and performance arts
- Sales or customer service (including hospitality roles)
- Stand up comedy
- Public speaking
- Previous travel industry experience
Since photography plays such an important role in our tours, you will be required to provide samples of your photography.
You do not need to be a professional photographer as training will be provided, but you should have a good knowledge of image composition, lighting, and know how to work with live subjects.
You must be able to provide your own professional camera (DSLR or mirrorless – no point-and-shoots or phone cameras will be accepted).
Post-production experience will also be very highly regarded and additional training on this will be provided.
- A valid first aid certificate prior to commencing tours (this will be reimbursed after you have completed a probation period)
- A tablet (8 inches or larger)
- Mirrorless or DSLR camera
- High-speed internet access
- Clean criminal record (we will perform a background check)
If you think you’ve got what it takes to wow an audience and would like to join the team please use the apply now button below.
For each of the cities that will be launching soon, we are looking for a city manager. This person will not only lead tours but will play a vital role in the creation of each itinerary, business development, training, scheduling, and recruitment.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone ambitious who is looking to run their own small business. We’ll train you how to manage everything, provide all the systems and look after the marketing.
We also regularly have part-time opportunities in our current locations.
- Sydney – launching January 2019
- Melbourne – launching January 2019
- Brisbane – launching January 2019
- San Francisco
- Mexico City
Future Expansion Plans
We are rapidly expanding the destinations that we operate tours in and will be looking for incredible people to run them. If you think you’ve got what it takes and would like to help us open tours in your city, please complete the application form and be sure to tell us which city you’d like to open.
You can see our roadmap of future cities we are looking to open here.