- Visit Coyoacán Market where you will see a variety of products (including piñatas & masks) and fresh produce for sale
- Sit down with the locals and enjoy delicious tostadas and quesadillas
- Get your daily dose of protein eating a bag of Chapulines (crickets) – if you dare!
- Sample a selection of local juices including jamaica, tamarind, and horchata
- Visit a street stall and grab a cup of esquites (corn with spices in a cup)
- Nibble on some tasty pastries while we explore some of the colorful art and history around Coyoacán
- We’ll also satisfy your sugar cravings with the best churros ever and a chocolate tasting that will leave you wanting more
*’Priced from’ rate is in USD based on a private group of between 1 and 4 guests. Add up to 6 additional guests at $50 per person
ALL TOURS Include PHOTOS
While you can’t put a price on memories, a vacation photographer can cost upwards of $350 an hour, just for photos! On this tour you’ll get 15 professionally edited photos from your experience to remember your time in Mexico City …… at no extra cost.
- Bottled water will be provided for every guest
- All food & drink tastings (enough to fill you up… and then some)
- Your own private guide-ographer will escort you throughout the tour providing an unforgettably enjoyable experience. We’ll take the path least-traveled without missing the major sites, all while capturing your experience in a unique and fun way
- 15 professionally edited photos in a downloadable high-resolution online gallery will be sent within 5 days after your tour
IMPORTANT: This tour involves multiple food and beverage tastings. If you have any allergies or dietary requirements please contact us prior to booking.
On this 3-hour private food tour, we’ll be visiting the colorful neighborhood – Coyoacán, or “place of the coyotes”. A place full of parks, plazas and traditional architecture that will transport you to small-town Mexico. You’ll need to come with an empty stomach and keen appetite. Prepare to eat your way through the streets of this lovely part in Mexico City.
We start our adventure in the local markets where your guide will lead you through colorful stalls, packed with fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts, beans, and everything else imaginable.
Jumping right into our first tasting you’ll join the hustle and bustle of local life at our favorite tostadas stand. Watch as your meal is literally handmade before your eyes. Before leaving the markets we’ll sample a selection of juices to wash it all down.
Making our way through the streets, we’ll stop in a number of street stalls to try their offerings including crickets if you’re up for the challenge.
We’ve combined the perfect amount of walking giving you a chance to digest and explore more of the beautiful leafy surrounds. After a quick stop in at Hacienda de Cortés and La Conchita (the oldest church in Mexico City), you’ll be ready for the next dish.
If you’ve got a sweet tooth like us, we’ve got your back! On this tour, we taste the best churros you’ve ever eaten before wrapping things up with a chocolate tasting by one of the top chocolatiers in the world.
Food is definitely at the heart of Mexican culture and this tour is truly an educational experience involving all your senses that shouldn’t be missed.
Hotel pickup and dropoff can be arranged for an additional fee. If you prefer to make your own way, we will provide you with an exact meeting point near the Frida Kahlo Museum and instructions how to get there.
Your guide will work with you to set the pace giving you the flexibility to stop or rest where needed. While we have planned around the crowds, due to the nature of food tastings, we may be delayed during peak tourist seasons.
This tour is wheelchair accessible though there may be some tight squeezes in and around market areas.
Ready to get things started?