2-hour Private Walking Tour
- See how the waterfront has changed over the years
- Stroll through secrets gardens, including a Redwood Forest
- Hear about the Gold Rush of 1849 and the enormous effect it had
- Learn about the most influential banker you’ve never heard of
- Sample delicious treats at the Ferry Building markets
- Discover some of the most stunning architecture the Financial District has to offer
- Go in search of hidden treasures buried beneath the streets
*’Priced from’ rate is in USD based on 1 guest traveling alone.
ALL TOURS Include PHOTOS
While you can’t put a price on memories, a vacation photographer can cost upwards of $350 an hour, just for photos! On this tour you’ll get 10 professionally edited photos from your experience to remember your time in San Francisco …… at no extra cost.
- Bottled water will be provided for every guest
- Almond brittle tasting
- Your own private guide-ographer will escort you throughout the tour providing an unforgettably enjoyable experience. We’ll take the path least-traveled without missing the major sites, all while capturing your experience in a unique and fun way
- 10 professionally edited photos in a downloadable high-resolution online gallery will be sent within 5 days after your tour
Though relatively young when compared to European cities, San Francisco is packed full of historic events over the last two centuries. On this 2-hour private walking tour, we’ll explore parts of the city that many locals have yet to explore, let alone tourists.
Smack bang in the center of downtown you’ll discover how the city has been shaped by such major events as the Gold Rush of 1849 and the Great Earthquake in 1906. Your private guide will show you how and where the west was won and you’ll have a better appreciation for how tough life was.
We’ll meander through the back alleys of the Financial District in search of sunken treasures and hidden passages. Hearing tales of fortunes made….. and lost. We pass by one of the tallest and most controversial buildings, the Transamerica Pyramid before making our way through a beautiful rooftop garden hidden among tall skyscrapers.
Excite your taste buds as we venture through Farmer’s Markets and sample the best almond brittle you’ve ever had from a 50-year-old family-run stall.
Look out across the bay while you learn about the more recent 1989 earthquake. We might even spot a sea lion!
“The tour followed the ‘path least travelled’ and covered a range of destinations (and topics) that would never have been on our itinerary. As a private group, we also had the luxury of being able to ask questions at will.”Andrew NobletMelbourne, Australia
Hotel pickup and dropoff can be arranged for an additional fee. If you prefer to make your own way, we will provide you with an exact meeting point near the Apple Store at Union Square and instructions how to get there.
Your guide will work with you to set the pace giving you the flexibility to stop or rest where needed or push the pace and discover more. Some areas of this tour are not suitable for wheelchairs or strollers but we can adjust if needed.
Ready to get things started?