- Explore Hyde Park and hear about its dark history
- Find the landmark point where all distances are measured from
- Hidden laneway art displays
- Visit the Rocks, Sydney’s earliest colonial neighborhood, and learn about its convict history
- Be photographed at Sydney’s most iconic landmarks including the Harbour Bridge
- Bite into your choice of sweet or salty Australian tucker (food)
- Learn why this spot was chosen for a settlement and the impact it had on the Aborigines
*’Priced from’ rate is in AUD based on 1 guest traveling alone.
ALL TOURS Include PHOTOS
While you can’t put a price on memories, a vacation photographer can cost upwards of $350 an hour, just for photos! On this tour you’ll get 15 professionally edited photos from your experience to remember your time in Sydney …… at no extra cost.
- Bottled water will be provided for every guest
- Australian food tasting
- Coffee (or comparable beverage)
- Your own private guide-ographer will escort you throughout the tour providing an unforgettably enjoyable experience. We’ll take the path least-traveled without missing the major sites, all while capturing your experience in a unique and fun way
- 15 professionally edited photos in a downloadable high-resolution online gallery will be sent within 5 days after your tour
This 3-hour private walking tour is a combination of our Downtown Sydney and the Rocks & Circular Quay itineraries. Our ‘Best of’ tours are typically the most popular itineraries we offer in each destination and regularly sell out.
We start our journey in Hyde Park where giant fig trees provide a wonderful canopy above our walkway. Making our way north, we’ll pass by many of the city’s most important sandstone buildings, including a hospital that was built with rum!
Continuing on, our journey will take you into the belly of Sydney, through its narrow lanes and alleys, where you’ll get the chance for the perfect photo for your next profile pic.
Your local guide will escort you through the narrow alleys and stairways of the Rocks, once a haven for thieves and gangs during early settlement. Your guide will explain the rich history of this neighborhood that was literally carved from sandstone.
As we make our way deeper into the Argyle Cut, we’ll stop by Sydney’s shortest street and hear how rats nearly managed to cripple the entire city during the bubonic plague. We move on towards the site of Sydney’s first hospital before stopping in at our favorite historic bakery to sample some tasty Australian treats.
This tour has it all – culture, history, food, and a plethora of juicy stories to keep you on the edge of your seat. Your private guide will show you the best downtown Sydney has to offer.
Hotel pickup and dropoff can be arranged for an additional fee. If you prefer to make your own way, we will provide you with an exact meeting point near the Archibald Fountain and instructions how to get there.
Your guide will work with you to set the pace giving you the flexibility to stop or rest where needed or push the pace and discover more. This tour can be made wheelchair and stroller with prior notice (some stops will be changed).
Ready to get things started?