- Discover Sydney’s earliest colonial neighborhood and learn about its convict history
- Be photographed at Sydney’s most iconic landmarks like the Harbour Bridge and Opera House
- Bite into your choice of sweet or salty Australian tucker (food)
- Visit an archeological dig in the heart of the famous Rocks district.
- Learn why this spot was chosen for a settlement and the impact it had on the Aborigines
- Visit the ruins of Sydney’s earliest homes and see how people lived
*’Priced from’ rate is in AUD based on 1 guest traveling alone.
ALL TOURS Include PHOTOS
While you can’t put a price on memories, a vacation photographer can cost upwards of $350 an hour, just for photos! On this tour you’ll get 10 professionally edited photos from your experience to remember your time in Sydney …… at no extra cost.
- Bottled water will be provided for every guest
- Australian food tasting
- Your own private guide-ographer will escort you throughout the tour providing an unforgettably enjoyable experience. We’ll take the path least-traveled without missing the major sites, all while capturing your experience in a unique and fun way
- 10 professionally edited photos in a downloadable high-resolution online gallery will be sent within 5 days after your tour
No visit to Sydney is complete without a visit to its gorgeous harbor or the historic Rocks neighborhood. On this 2-hour walking tour, we’ll show you why Sydney is constantly ranked among the best cities in the world.
To begin, your local guide will escort you through the narrow alleys and stairways of the Rocks, once a haven for thieves and gangs during early settlement. Your guide will explain the rich history of this neighborhood that was literally carved from sandstone.
As we make our way deeper into the Argyle Cut, we’ll stop by Sydney’s shortest street and a much more recent landmark building that is steeped in controversy. From our elevated position, you’ll be able to take in the stunning panoramic views of the harbor.
Our journey continues to the Big Dig archeologic site where you’ll hear how rats nearly managed to cripple the entire city during the bubonic plague. We move on towards the site of Sydney’s first hospital before stopping in at our favorite historic bakery to sample some tasty Australian treats.
After leaving the Rocks we’ll make our way past the ferry terminal and local buskers (street performers), towards our final destination – the magnificent Opera House.
Hotel pickup and dropoff can be arranged for an additional fee. If you prefer to make your own way, we will at Cadman’s Cottage and provide instructions on how to get there.
Your guide will work with you to set the pace giving you the flexibility to stop or rest where needed or push the pace and discover more. This tour requires a certain level of fitness with the ability to climb multiple stairs in the historic Rocks area. Therefore it is also not suitable for wheelchairs and strollers.
Ready to get things started?